The Woodlands of Stuart

WOODLANDS OWNERS ASSOCIATION

Minutes 


WOODLANDS OWNERS ASSOCIATION ANNUAL MEETING—NOVEMBER 7, 2020

  ATTENDANCE: Quorum present at the frontage lot.
Marty & Anne Marie Moss
Larry & Sue Cohen
Kathy & Jack Benoit
Aaron & Heather Singleton
Colleen Sample
Jane Englebrecht
Teri Parent
Sheila LaGrega
Steve Bruno
D.J. Philibert
Dave Balongue
Steve & Pam Feder
James Brooks
Barbara Poglitsch
Kim Heiman

APPROVAL OF MINUTES FOR PREVIOUS MEETING:  Larry Cohen moved to approve the minutes of the last meeting on 9/26/20.  Dave Balongue seconded.

 TREASURER’S REPORT:  Barbara Poglitsh submitted latest financial statement.

OLD BUSINESS:
      President Marty Moss reported that all members are up to date on their dues obligation.
      He also introduced new residents of The Woodlands, the Singletons and the Philiberts.

NEW BUSINESS:
     Vote for new officers was held.  Ballots were collected and tabulated by volunteers Jim Brooks and Kathy Benoit.

   

 New officers are reported as follows:
      President:          Heather Singleton
     Vice President:  Sheila LaGrega
     Secretary:          Laura Danahy
     Treasurer:          Barbara Poglitsch
     Board of Directors:
          DJ Philibert
          Jane Engelbrecht
          Colleen Sample

A FUTURE ITEM TO CONSIDER:

Marty mentioned clean out maintenance of the Lake Lamay Main Drainage Canal needs to be investigated, estimated, and scheduled if needed. Plans should include South Florida Water Management as well as Resident Members on either side. We need to be sure that there is no obstruction to flow at Fernlea, down flow from our end of the canal.

Marty led all attendees in congratulating the new board members.   He then summarized various accomplishments of the board during the past year, including landscaping, project approvals, legal actions, and a social event (bowling night).  Marty also reported that Governor DeSantis has extended emergency orders to address the COVID-19 pandemic.

Larry motioned to adjourn the meeting at 10:42. Dave seconded.


________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


Minutes HOA Special Meeting 26 September 2020 in-person in the Frontage-area Field     (Posted 9/28/2020)
 
In Attendance:
Marty & Anne Marie Moss
Larry & Sue Cohen
Dave Balongue
Laura Danahy
Jennifer Baker
Terri Parent
Aaron & Heather Singleton
Kim Heiman
Jim Brooks
William Cornelison
D.J. Philibert
Jane Bartenfelder
Lesley & Jon Ludlam
Steve Bruno
Sandra Downing

The meeting was called to order at 10:16 a.m. by Marty Moss. 

This meeting is called for the sole purpose of tallying the votes for the covenants revisions.

We currently have 48 members in good standing.  We need 25 affirmative votes to pass the revisions.  We have addressed all comments either in person or on the phone.

The document is the result of many months of work.  It represents an effort to update the covenants to the current needs of Woodlands residents, recognizing our differing perceptions of value in our property and attempting to reach a middle ground. 

We met with the people who submitted comments in an effort to give everyone a voice.  Based on the comments submitted by our residents, the covenants committee has made many adjustments to the proposed document.

If this revision fails, the old covenants will remain in place and the HOA will enforce them.

Jim Brooks volunteered to count the votes. 
            affirmative votes: 31
            negative votes: 4
            total votes: 35

The revised covenants are hereby adopted.  They will go into effect as soon as we file them with the county. 

Steve Bruno asked for a line-by-line accounting of the association’s expenditures.  Laura said that we can get that information from Barbara Poglitsch; Marty noted that the next meeting will involve the budget.

The next meeting will also include the installation of the Board’s officers.  Anyone who is interested in participating on the Board can run for office.  Marty voiced his encouragement to residents 

Marty motioned to adjourn the meeting at 10:29 a.m.; Dave seconded.

 ...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................​




Board Meeting 12 May 2020 via Zoom
In Attendance:
Marty Moss
Larry Cohen
Dave Balongue
Laura Danahy
Barbara Poglitsch

Marty called the meeting to order at 6:45 p.m.

Marty moved to accept minutes from last meeting; Barbara seconded.

Committee Reports:

        Covenants: Marty stated that the covenant revisions were completed and sent to the attorney for final review.

      Treasurer’s report: Amounts not displayed on the Website copy. Larry asked, and Barbara confirmed, that we have no substantial outstanding            debts.

Old business:
      Frontage lights have been repaired by Marty and Dave at substantial savings from contractors’ bids. Dave noted that the east entrance has at            least one fixture still not working.

      Various requests for construction are finished: Shannon Crews’s pool, Stephanie McNamara’s driveway and landscape repair. The Coral Lakes          drainage easement has not yet been addressed.
 

New business:

We’ll notify homeowners of future meetings by mailbox flyer that includes an invitation to e-mail Marty so he can send a Zoom electronic invitation. Flyers will go out at least two weeks before the meeting which will probably be in late June.

Marty suggested that we deliver via mailboxes a flyer that explains how to access the proposed covenants on the website. Homeowners will have the ability to comment on the website. Dave commented that some of our residents may not want to access the documents on the website. Marty noted that sending out paper copies would be prohibitively expensive. Laura asked whether the viewers’ comments will be visible to anyone who visits the website. Marty responded that all comments are made by e-mail to him.

Wes LaChance suggested that the website include business information and potentially special offerings to members. Laura suggested that the HOA draw a careful line around who will be able to post business information. Larry motioned that we ask the attorney about any potential liabilities. Dave seconded.

Larry suggested that we investigate the necessity of a “hold harmless” statement for every contractor employed by the association. Marty motioned that we ask the attorney if the HOA needs an agreement. Dave seconded.

We have new neighbors. They are Aaron and Heather Singleton at 5588. The Bradleys’ house is under contract with Dollard Philibert.

Any visits with MCSO are on hold until after the virus distancing is over.

Marty motioned that we adjourn at 7:30; Barbara seconded.Board Meeting 12 May 2020 via Zoom

​.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................



Meeting 6:30 pm, Wednesday, 3/11/202, Moss Residence

Minutes

Attended by Laura Danahy, Dave Balongue, Larry Cohen, Marty Moss


Bradley Mediation:

It was agreed that Mark Bradley could build an addition only if attached. 

We voted on how to proceed with the fees from both attorneys with a unanimous approval as proposed by Larry and seconded by Dave.

Pay $1,000.00 of the invoice from Vernis & Bowling to cover our deductible with USLI. Vernis & Bowling will invoice USLI for the remainder of their Invoice amount.
Pay Elizabeth Bonan her full invoiced amount.
We will send the questionable amount of Liz Bonan's invoice ($292,50) to USLI to request a refund under their coverage.

There was discussion regarding our next Board Meeting relative to the coronavirus. It was decided that Larry will investigate the possibility of holding the meeting in a conference call for all interested Members. This would depend on our ability to control the meeting and discussion.

 I will deliver the $50.00 check from Aaron Singleton for the Application Fee for 5588 to Barbara for deposit.

 Meeting Adjourned 7:45 pm 

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................