The Woodlands of Stuart

Homeowners need to know:

Please send your current e-mail address and your current phone number to Marty Moss at memossboss@aol.com.  Please do not assume that the contact information on record with the HOA is correct.  Marty has discovered that many of the addresses and phone numbers that the HOA has are no longer valid.  We hope to do a significant amount of our communication via e-mail to reduce our postage expense. 

Please make plans to attend our next membership meeting on Wednesday, November 7th, at 6:30 p.m. at the Moss residence (5684).  Our agenda for that evening includes reviewing and making decisions about the proposed 2018 – 2019 budget and establishing a committee to revise the covenants.  Please watch for additional news regarding covenant revisions in future association letters.

Please visit the Woodlands HOA website at www.thewoodlandsofstuart.com to stay updated on happenings in our neighborhood.  Typing the address into the URL line works better than going through a browser.

 

The Annual Meeting occurred on Saturday, 13 October 2018 at the Morgade Library.  For details, please read on.

Meeting called to order on Saturday, 13 October 2018 at 2:07 p.m. by Barbara Poglitsch.
 
In attendance:

Dave Balongue, Pat Blancher, Jim Brooks, Shannon Crews, Laura Danahy, Jane Englebrecht, Wes Lachance,
Brett & Sheila Lagrega, John and Leslie Ludlam, Marty & Anne Marie Moss,Greg O’Brien,Barbara Poglitsch,
Colleen Sample, Maura Sorenson

 Minutes:

Anne Marie and Pat tallied the votes from P.O. box and from meeting: 
20 total votes
20 affirmative votes for Maura
19 affirmative votes for all other candidates

 New Board includes:
Marty Moss – President
Larry Cohen – VP
Barbara Poglitsch – Treasurer
Laura Danahy – Secretary
Maura Sorenson – Director
Shannon Crews – Director
Dave Balongue – Director

  Upcoming meetings:

meeting Wednesday 7 November 2018 at Moss residence (5684) at 6:30 p.m.
quarterly meetings of Board to which all residents are invited on the 2nd Wednesday of January & April 2019
next annual meeting in June 2019

 Continuing issues:

Martin County events:

Trunk or Treat on Wednesday 31 October 2018 at Sheriff’s Office (feel free to donate bags of candy at the sheriff’s office)
National Prescription Drug Take Back Day Saturday October 27, 2018

CVS – 2284 SE Federal Hwy, Stuart
Jupiter Island Public Safety – 103 Bunker Hill Rd, Hobe Sound
Sewalls Point Town Hall – 1 South Sewalls Point Rd
Walgreens Cove Rd – 5800 SE Federal Hwy, Stuart
Walgreens Jensen - 1250 NE Jensen Bch Blvd

Expired drug disposal and shredding event 19 January 2019 at 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.; look for more information on our website

Sheriff’s Office recommends calling 911 to report any concern about odd or suspicious behavior within the neighborhood. See attached message from Sheriff Snyder.

 Marty said that he hopes to update e-mail contacts for all homeowners; Laura concurred.

 Marty noted that the Board’s goals include improving communication, engaging residents in community involvement events, and improving communication through the website.  Additionally, the HOA intends to revise the current by-laws & covenants.


New business:

Jane requested that we announce the public meetings with something besides openly posted signage.  After some group conversation, we collectively agreed that the Board will work towards posting meeting dates and the minutes on the website, but we did not reach a consensus about public announcement of meeting dates.  The Board will continue to snail-mail the minutes.  The Board will consider audio recordings or video recordings of meetings.

 Pat suggested that committee meetings should have minutes distributed to all residents.

Regarding revision of covenants, Pat and Colleen brought everyone up to date with the previous activity with the attorney.  Marty explained that the covenants in place right now are the original covenants of the developer from 1980.  From time to time, he continued, the association has failed to enforce some pieces of the covenants. 

 Colleen reported that all of the properties in Woodlands are now subject to the covenants since the summer of 2018 when the attorney, Elizabeth Bonan, checked all of the property deeds, and the Board at that time arranged to have any owners not yet included in the covenants sign an agreement to be subject to the covenants.

Brett commented that the Board should make any covenant changes open to all of the residents before instituting them.  Dave noted the revision committee would solicit and receive input from the residents for revision of the covenants, and that all of the changes will be put to a membership vote before they are implemented.

Shannon suggested that we should let the attorney come up with the language for the covenants that will define what we want within the neighborhood.

 Maura said that she supports the idea of minimal intrusion on property rights for the benefit of a community being livable for all.  Pat commented that the HOA needs some language that protects all of our property values as well.

 Laura asked how the procedures for revision work.  Marty, Pat, and Colleen explained that the procedure entails a committee that accepts revision suggestions and then presents proposed revisions to all of the residents for a vote.  Once sent out for a vote by the residents, a simple majority decides acceptance or rejection of the proposed covenant revision.

Maura suggested a full-membership workshop for covenant revision; Marty mentioned concerns about the time that an open meeting will take.  Brett and Maura commented that they favor an open-membership conversation of several “hot-button” issues that would develop. 

Barbara requested that all homeowners with comments about covenant revisions make a list on a separate sheet of paper and submit it to the P.O. box instead of marking comments on the original documents and returning the entire package. 

Colleen and Jim explained that the 2015 covenant suggestions never became legally active because some of the original deeds were not properly registered in the 1980s and 1990s.  Maura suggested posting both the 1980 and the 2015 covenants on the website.  Marty, Jim, Maura, Brett, and Colleen recommended using the 2015 proposed covenants to move forward.  Marty motioned that we use the 2015 proposals as our starting point; Maura seconded.

Marty said that the Board will look into reducing the annual dues.  Barbara presented the financial position of the Association.  She said that the HOA currently has $******** (amount intentionally not included on Website) in all of its accounts.  This must cover all of the recurring expenses plus provide funds for any contingencies.  Barbara suggested that a reduction in dues is not feasible for at least two years.

Dave suggested that we postpone approval of this year’s proposed budget to the meeting of 24 October 2018.  Dave motioned for postponement; Marty seconded.

 Marty motioned for adjournment; Laura seconded.  Meeting adjourned at 3:36 p.m.

  

WOODLANDS OWNERS ASSOCIATION

Meeting July 22, 2017


Meeting called to order by president Hank Peters at 2:07 the following officers and directors were present: Colleen Sample, Barbara Poglitish, Jim Brooks, Mark Brecher, Jane Englebrecht. Twenty resident members were also in attendance.             


Treasurer report: Treasurer's report and Budget for 2018 - thirteen residents have not paid dues. Barbara discussed lake regeneration for next year 2018. Jane Engelbrecht motioned to accept treasurers report, Mark Brecher second unanimously approved.                                                                                                                                                    

Secretary Report: Barbara motion to approve minutes from the last meeting Jane second unanimously approved.  

                                                                                                                                                  

Old Business:  None                                                                                                                                       


New Business:  board reviewed site plans and pictures requesting a shed from the Parents for the side of their property.  It will be located at least 10’ from the side which conforms to deed restrictions.  Jane motion for shed to be approved  second Mark unamously approved. Jane said a neighbor did not like board meeting signs and felt they advertised no one would be at home. The display of signs are required as per our by-laws and FL. Statue 720.  Discussion for VNA property which was approved twice and is now going in front of the commission 7/25/2017 for final approval to COR -2.  Commissioners email addresses will be posted on the web site:  Thewoodlandsofstuart.com. Night out in the park for owners in October or November.  Request for financials to be removed from web site for security reasons. Any resident wishing to review financials please contact treasure Barbara. Residents are reminded to keep their SWALES CLEAN to maintain proper drainage. Dave Balongue said that there were not many meetings last year and was disappointed. A few residents spoke up and thought it would be good to have more discussions about our neighborhood and suggested quarterly meetings. There was no vote on it. Pat Blanchard is going to look at the park for the vegetation removal. Marty Moss is going to be the neighborhood watch committee as Luther Brown is moving. The Woodlands needs’ everyone’s email address.  We will not be giving them to anyone outside our neighborhood.   If we could communicate with everyone by email for issues that come up and save paper and time it would be appreciated.  Here are the lots numbers where we have no email addresses for: Lots 23, 35, 40, 10, 39, 24, 2, 4, 44, 36, 22, 16, 12, 29, 42, 5. In this age of computers, almost nothing can get done without them and in most cases they are mandatory.  If you don’t want us to have your personal one, please go online at  gmail, yahoo (or any other email site) and choose another email address just for the Woodlands, so we can stay in touch without all these papers in our mail boxes and extra time for our board.  Your secretary, Colleen Sample, would greatly appreciate your cooperation. If you would like to send me your email address:  samplethegoodlife@gmail.com. Larry Cohen discussed the new Fl State estoppel reporting and time periods, Barbara takes care of this. If homeowners have questions on anything, please check the web site and send emails through the web site:  Thewoodlandsofstuart.  You can also, email me directly: samplethegoodlife@gmail.com.


Motion was made to approve the slate of officers for 2018 by Steve Feder and Laura Danahy. Motion approved. President:  Hank Peters, Vice President: Chris Blaylock, Secretary:  Colleen Sample, Treasurer: Barbara Poglitsch, Directors: Mark Brecher, Jim Brooks, Jane Engelbrecht.


Colleen motioned to adjourn the meeting at 3:12 second by Mark unanimously approved. Minutes of the meeting by Colleen Sample, Secretary.